Mike David Wins Jimmie Johnson Foundation 150
Ryan Newman turned in a lap of 26.975 seconds (133.457 mph) to win the 43rd pole of his career in Coors Light Pole Qualifying for PIR’s SUBWAY Fresh Fit 500™ on Friday, tying him for 10th in all-time Sprint Cup Series poles with Buck Baker. Newman’s lap in the No. 12 Dodge gave him the edge over Elliott Sadler by 0.009 seconds. “I’m happy to be competitive in qualifying,” said Newman. “We have been top five at times, so we’re happy to be on top of the charts. Everybody is doing a great job.” Carl Edwards will start third, followed by Mark Martin, Kasey Kahne, and Kyle Busch. Defending series champion Jimmie Johnson will roll off in the seventh position, and he will be trailed by Jamie McMurray, Martin Truex Jr., and Scott Riggs. Defending race winner Jeff Gordon will start 11th. The entire lineup for Saturday’s race under the lights can be found here. Tickets to see all 43 stars from the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in Saturday’s SUBWAY Fresh Fit 500™ are still available by visiting www.racetickets.com, or by calling 1-866-408-RACE (7223). Click here for more information on everything that’s happening at PIR during NASCAR Week.
Related PIR News
- BUCKCHERRY HEADLINES ENTERTAINMENT LINEUP DURING RACE WEEKEND
- X FACTOR USA” STAR DREW RYNIEWICZ TO PERFORM NATIONAL ANTHEM PRIOR TO DAV 200
- NASCAR NATIONWIDE SERIES RACE HONORS DISABLED AMERICAN VETERANS AT PIR
- BUCKCHERRY TO ROCK THE STAGE PRIOR TO QUICKEN LOANS RACE FOR HEROES 500
- NASCAR STAR MATT KENSETH SHOWS OFF HIS BURNOUT SKILLS IN DOWNTOWN PHOENIX