Light Rail Train on the Move
Raceway's latest marketing initiative takes NASCAR to Phoenix streets
Warning: Though race fans may feel the sheer intensity of NASCAR while driving the streets of Phoenix and surrounding areas this spring, the rules of the road still apply - even with Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon at one's side.
A themed version of a Valley METRO Light Rail train features the stars and cars of Phoenix International Raceway's upcoming NASCAR event weekend, which includes the first night race of the 2010 Sprint Cup Series season, the SUBWAY Fresh Fit 600™ on April 10.
The train debuted on the rail system on February 22 and will continue to run throughout the coming weeks.
A wider image, which features the entire train, is available here.
Tickets for 2010 at Phoenix International Raceway can be purchased online at PhoenixRaceway.com or by calling 1-866-408-RACE (7223). The PIR Ticket Office is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 125 S. Avondale Blvd., just south of I-10 at Exit 131 in Avondale.
Related PIR News
- NASCAR STAR MATT KENSETH SHOWS OFF HIS BURNOUT SKILLS IN DOWNTOWN PHOENIX
- HAYLEY ORRANTIA TO PERFORM NATIONAL ANTHEM PRIOR TO QUICKEN LOANS RACE FOR HEROES 500
- PIR-BRANDED ARIZONA LICENSE PLATE NOW AVAILABLE
- PIR TO SPONSOR FORMER UFC® CHAMPION DOMINICK CRUZ IN FIGHT SEPT. 27
- HARVICK TO APPEAR AT BUDWEISER ROLL-BAR CLUB