PIR & NASCAR FANS CELEBRATE VETERANS DAY
Pre-Race Festivities to include Salute to Active Military and Veterans
To help NASCAR fans celebrate Veteran’s Day, Phoenix International Raceway will pay tribute to the generations of men and women who have served or are currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces during the Kobalt Tools 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series pre-race show beginning at 12:30 p.m. on Nov. 14.
For the race, the No. 39 Chevy will sport a new patriotic paint scheme by The U.S. Army and Stewart-Haas Racing. Ryan Newman – winner of the last Sprint Cup Series event at PIR in April – teamed up with Phoenix International Raceway to create a special military ticketing program designed to honor Veteran’s Day and provide tickets for military families. The program – titled “Troop Newman” – is part of PIR’s Salute to Military Families initiative.
The Kobalt Tools 500 pre-race show
The spectacular pre-race show will also include:
· A “Welcome Home” ceremony for 150 guardsmen from the Arizona National Guard
· Recognition of Arizona selections for the U.S. Army All American Bowl
· A performance by The U.S. Army Band
· An aerial entrance to the track by skydivers carrying the American Flag
· Display of a 200-foot American Flag by Arizona Project ChalleNGe
· National anthem by acclaimed trumpeter Dr. Jesse McGuire
· F-16 fly-over by Luke Air Force Base
· Luke Air Force Base Honor Guard
The Kobalt Tools 500, NASCAR’s semi-final race in the Chase for the Sprint Cup, starts at 1 p.m. and will be televised nationally on ESPN.
Tickets to the exciting Nov. 11-14 Kobalt Tools 500 NASCAR event weekend are also still available with prices starting at just $25. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.phoenixraceway.com/tickets or call 866-408-RACE (7223).