PIR ANNOUNCES NEW CARRY-IN POLICY
Larger coolers and lightweight backpacks allowed for upcoming Kobalt Tools 500
Phoenix International Raceway President Bryan R. Sperber today announced NASCAR fans can look forward to a new carry-in policy beginning with the upcoming Kobalt Tools 500 Weekend Nov. 11-14. The new policy is part of PIR’s ongoing effort to enhance the race day experience for fans by allowing food and non-alcoholic beverages to be brought into the race.
Providing a safe and secure environment while maintaining of level of convenience fans have grown have accustomed to is a top priority of Phoenix International Raceway. Fans carrying items onto the property should plan for extra time to allow for a thorough and complete search by security personnel prior to entering the ticket gates. Express lanes will be available for fans that are not carrying items requiring search. In addition, there will be sufficient personnel on hand to ensure guests can proceed through the gate quickly and to their seats in a reasonable amount of time.
As part of Phoenix International Raceway’s standard policy for NASCAR events, hard-sided coolers will not be allowed into the grandstand area. In addition, Styrofoam coolers are also not permitted. Two key changes to the policy to note:
- Soft-sided coolers that measure no greater than 14 x 14 x 14 inches or 2,700 cubic inches will be permitted – six times the size previously permitted. To ensure these items fit underneath grandstand seats and do not block walkways, coolers with telescoping handles and wheels will not be permitted.
- Lightweight backpacks or daypacks will be permitted
Tickets to the November 11-14 Kobalt Tools 500 NASCAR event weekend are still available with prices starting at just $25. For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit http://phoenixraceway.com or call 866-408-RACE (7223).
Related PIR News
- NASCAR STAR MATT KENSETH SHOWS OFF HIS BURNOUT SKILLS IN DOWNTOWN PHOENIX
- HAYLEY ORRANTIA TO PERFORM NATIONAL ANTHEM PRIOR TO QUICKEN LOANS RACE FOR HEROES 500
- PIR-BRANDED ARIZONA LICENSE PLATE NOW AVAILABLE
- PIR TO SPONSOR FORMER UFC® CHAMPION DOMINICK CRUZ IN FIGHT SEPT. 27
- HARVICK TO APPEAR AT BUDWEISER ROLL-BAR CLUB