FANS SELECT MOST MEMORABLE PIR MOMENT
Gordon’s milestone win receives overwhelming response in online fan vote
Phoenix International Raceway received an overwhelming response from fans in an online vote to determine the most memorable NASCAR moment in the desert on the track’s current racing surface that has been in place since 1990. PIR’s track will be removed, replaced and slightly reconfigured following Sunday’s SUBWAY Fresh Fit 500™ and the track launched a media and fan vote for most memorable moment 1990-2010 in order commemorate the occasion.
The winning moment – Jeff Gordon tying Dale Earnhardt for 76 Sprint Cup wins on April 21, 2007 with a win in that year’s SUBWAY Fresh Fit 500™ – will be recognized during prerace of this year’s SUBWAY Fresh Fit 500™. Gordon’s thrilling victory came in the 20th season of NASCAR at Phoenix and was punctuated with a victory lap by the No. 24 car in which the driver celebrated by waving a “3” flag out the door in honor of the late Earnhardt.
Media members also voted this moment their favorite between 1990 and 2010. Gordon’s historic win at PIR will be acknowledged during prerace ceremonies for Sunday’s race.
Related PIR News
- HAYLEY ORRANTIA TO PERFORM NATIONAL ANTHEM PRIOR TO QUICKEN LOANS RACE FOR HEROES 500
- PIR-BRANDED ARIZONA LICENSE PLATE NOW AVAILABLE
- PIR TO SPONSOR FORMER UFC® CHAMPION DOMINICK CRUZ IN FIGHT SEPT. 27
- HARVICK TO APPEAR AT BUDWEISER ROLL-BAR CLUB
- PIR'S ‘A BRUSH WITH VICTORY’ COMING TO WEST VALLEY ARTS HQ