VETERANS DAY SALUTE PLANNED SUNDAY
Patriotic Pre-Race Festivities to Honor Active Military and Veterans
Join us in saluting our heroes at Sunday's Kobalt Tools 500
Phoenix International Raceway and NASCAR fans in attendance for Sunday’s Kobalt Tools 500 will celebrate Veterans Day by paying tribute to the generations of men and women who have served or are currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces during the pre-race show beginning at noon on November 13.
The spectacular pre-race show will also include:
36 soldiers (nine each from Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines) will be honored in the Bryan Grandstand as they march down toward the track, waving American Flags
· An aerial entrance to the track by the Arizona Skyhawks carrying the American Flag
· Turn 2 display of a 200-foot American Flag presented by Arizona Project ChalleNGe
· National Anthem by Pentagon-awarded “Armed Forces Entertainers of the Year,” Catchpenny
Flyover by four F-16s from the 62nd Fighter Squadron out of Luke Air Force Base
· Luke Air Force Base Honor Guard
· Moment of silence to honor those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice defending our freedom prior to the National Anthem
A new paint scheme designed using photos of Vietnam Veterans - submitted by soldiers and their families through a contest sponsored by the U.S. Army - will be featured on Ryan Newman's No. 39 Chevy during the Kobalt Tools 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. The second to last race in the Chase for the Sprint Cup starts at 1 p.m. and will be televised nationally on ESPN.
Although grandstand seats for Sunday’s Kobalt Tools 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series are sold out, fans can still catch the action live from PIR’s hillside area. Hillside area tickets are $35 in advance ($40 on race day) and children 12 and under are admitted free. Hillside tickets do not allow access into the main PIR gates including the Fan Midway. For tickets and information, click here or call 866-408-RACE (7223).