What am I allowed to bring through the gates?
Fans are allowed to bring in one each of the bags described below. All items brought through a grandstand gate will be inspected.
- One soft side bag/cooler, no larger than 14" x 14" x 14". Examples include: a soft-sided insulated cooler, a scanner bag, a fanny pack, a purse, a diaper bag, or a binocular bag, etc. This one bag may be carried in any manner, i.e. by handle, with shoulder straps, on a belt, etc. The soft-sided insulated cooler may contain ice.
- One clear plastic bag, no larger than 18" x 18" x 4". This bag is intended to accommodate samples received and purchases made after fans have parked their cars. Clear plastic bags may not contain ice.
- One lightweight backpack, day pack or clear backpack, no larger than 18 inches in length.
- Binoculars, scanners, headsets, cameras, not in a bag, worn separately over the neck or on the belt and seat cushions carried separately are also allowed.
- Seat cushion bags with compartments will be reviewed on an individual basis and cannot contain hollow tubing.
What should I leave at home?
The following items may not enter the gates or be left around the gate area:
- Soft-sided bags exceeding 14" x 14" x 14" will not be allowed into the grandstands. This includes but is not limited to: purses, camera bags, fanny packs, scanner bags, etc. All items brought through the grandstand admission gates (purses, scanners, small camera bags, binoculars, etc.) are subject to search by security officials.
- Seat cushions with hollow tube construction.
- Hard-sided coolers, thermoses and insulated cups of any size.
- Umbrellas are not allowed through the gates.
- Dry ice is not allowed through the ticketing gates.
- Strollers, wagons, bicycles, scooters, skateboards and/or pets. (Trained Assistance animals for guests with disabilities are welcome).
- Phoenix International Raceway strictly prohibits the use of any unmanned aerial vehicles (“UAV”), also known as a drone, for any purpose whatsoever on Track Property. A UAV for purposes of this policy is any aircraft without a human pilot aboard. Track personnel may remove anyone using a UAV on Track property and/or confiscate the UAV until the event is over.
Can I bring a camera or video recorder?
Yes! However, cameras and video recorders are permitted in the facility for home viewing use only. Images and/or footage may not be sold or used for commercial use. Camera/video bags exceeding 14" x 14" x 14" will not be permitted through the grandstand admission gates.
Can I bring liquor into the track?
No. Arizona state liquor laws prohibit alcohol from being brought onto the track property. Also, no glass containers are allowed in the grandstands or hillside.
Can I bring a cooler into the track?
Yes! However, due to increased security policies, PIR will not allow any hard-sided coolers through the gates. Soft-sided coolers may not exceed 14" x 14" x 14" in the grandstands. Remember, no alcohol or glass containers are allowed at the track. If you are enjoying Hillside tickets, you can carry a hard-sided cooler and chairs to your spot.