What am I allowed to bring through the gates?
Fans are allowed to bring in one each of the bags described below. All items brought through a grandstand gate will be inspected.
- One soft side bag/cooler, no larger than 14" x 14" x 14". Examples include: a soft-sided insulated cooler, a scanner bag, a fanny pack, a purse, a diaper bag, or a binocular bag, etc. This one bag may be carried in any manner, i.e. by handle, with shoulder straps, on a belt, etc. The soft-sided insulated cooler may contain ice.
- One clear plastic bag, no larger than 18" x 18" x 4". This bag is intended to accommodate samples received and purchases made after fans have parked their cars. Clear plastic bags may not contain ice.
- One lightweight backpack, day pack or clear backpack, no larger than 18 inches in length.
- Binoculars, scanners, headsets, cameras, not in a bag, worn separately over the neck or on the belt and seat cushions carried separately are also allowed.
- Seat cushion bags with compartments will be reviewed on an individual basis and cannot contain hollow tubing.
- Strollers are allow through the grandstand gates and in the Fan Midway, but will not be allowed in grandstands. PIR is not responsible for unattended strollers.
What should I leave at home?
The following items may not enter the gates or be left around the gate area:
- Soft-sided bags exceeding 14" x 14" x 14" will not be allowed into the grandstands. This includes but is not limited to: purses, camera bags, fanny packs, scanner bags, etc. All items brought through the grandstand admission gates (purses, scanners, small camera bags, binoculars, etc.) are subject to search by security officials.
- Seat cushions with hollow tube construction.
- Hard-sided coolers, thermoses and insulated cups of any size.
- Umbrellas are not allowed through the gates.
- Dry ice is not allowed through the ticketing gates.
- Selfie Sticks are not allowed through the ticketing gates.
- Wagons, bicycles, scooters, skateboards and/or pets. (Trained Assistance animals for guests with disabilities are welcome).
- Phoenix International Raceway strictly prohibits the use of any unmanned aerial vehicles (“UAV”), also known as a drone, for any purpose whatsoever on Track Property. A UAV for purposes of this policy is any aircraft without a human pilot aboard. Track personnel may remove anyone using a UAV on Track property and/or confiscate the UAV until the event is over.
Can I bring a camera or video recorder?
Yes! However, cameras and video recorders are permitted in the facility for home viewing use only. Images and/or footage may not be sold or used for commercial use. Camera/video bags exceeding 14" x 14" x 14" will not be permitted through the grandstand admission gates.
Can I bring liquor into the track?
No. Arizona state liquor laws (A.R.S. 4-244-40) prohibit alcohol from being brought onto the track property. Also, no glass containers are allowed in the grandstands or hillside.
Can I bring a cooler into the track?
Yes! However, due to increased security policies, PIR will not allow any hard-sided coolers through the gates. Soft-sided coolers may not exceed 14" x 14" x 14" in the grandstands. Remember, no alcohol or glass containers are allowed at the track. If you are enjoying Hillside tickets, you can carry a hard-sided cooler (no glass containers allowed) and chairs to your spot.