Race fans that wish to get a personal feel for the host track of the NASCAR Championship Weekend will get their chance when Phoenix Raceway hosts Track Laps for Charity on Saturday, October 17 from 6-9 p.m. For a donation of $25 to Arizona Accelerator Charities, Track Laps for Charity will provide fans the opportunity to drive around Phoenix Raceway in their own personal vehicles in a safe and socially-distanced manner alongside their friends and family.
“This is a unique time for our community and we wanted to provide a special experience for our fans while also raising money through Arizona Accelerator Charities to give back to those in need,” said Phoenix Raceway President Julie Giese. “Fans will get to experience the track’s banking and the infamous dogleg from the comfort of their own vehicle while knowing that their donation will also be making a positive impact here locally in Arizona.”
All funds raised will support Arizona Accelerator Charities, a 501(c)(3) donor-advised fund under The NASCAR Foundation. Arizona Accelerator Charities’ mission is to accelerate the development of children in Arizona by supporting education, children and families of our military and military veterans, and life enrichment programs for children and families in our community.
For their $25 donation, fans will get to experience five paced laps around the 1-mile oval. Preregistration online is encouraged and fans can secure their spot now through The NASCAR Foundation by visiting https://raisedonors.com/nascarfoundation/phoenixtracklaps.
Additional information and rules include:
- We ask that COVID & Track waivers printed in advance and brought to the event (available through the purchase link).
- COVID & Track waivers must be signed in person (with personal writing utensil) at the event in the presence of track personnel.
- All participants are required to remain in their personal vehicles.
- No public restrooms available.
- Vehicle MUST be street legal. Motorcycles, rental cars, ATVs, golf carts and/or large capacity vehicles (15 passenger vans & buses) will not be permitted to drive the track.
- Drivers must be 18 years or older and valid driver’s license & insurance required upon arrival.
- Minors in vehicle must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian.
- All occupants must remain inside the vehicle at all times, with seatbelts on. Passengers are not permitted in truck beds.